Specifying Doublewall For Orders

Kevin asks:

When I call out a doublewall corrugated grade in a spec such as 71 ECT BC Flute, is it safe to assume that because I said “BC” I will get b-flute on the outside of the carton and c-flute on the inside?

I would not assume that to always be the case. It is always best to validate this every time you talk with a customer service representative and order products. I’m not sure there is any industry standard specific verbiage or syntax that can be used such as “B over C” or “B outer/C inner”.

Let’s toss a question out to our readers and see what they have to say.

Is there a standard for ordering double wall to ensure which is the outer and which is the inner flute? Leave a comment or send me an email with your thoughts at ryoung@aiccbox.org.

%d bloggers like this: